CLEVELAND, March 31, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — A new Freedonia Team evaluation finds that advancement in the US residential roofing sector will be driven by the scaled-down new housing segment as a result of 2025. Though both new and reroofing need will slow considerably from premiums of the 2015-2020 period of time, the investigation finds that new roofing – notably development of solitary-household homes – will account for about twice as lots of gains as reroofing:
- Housing starts rose sharply in 2021 from an currently high 2020 base as builders took edge of people’s desire to escape urban cores severely afflicted by COVID-19 and greater construction of homes in suburban and exurban places.
- Whilst housing commences will retreat from their significant 2021 degree by 2025, all round new housing exercise will continue to be elevated, sustaining new roofing need.
Reroofing Industry Expansion Stalls Pursuing Pandemic-Driven Surge
The reroofing industry will carry on to account for approximately 80% of the desire whole, but progress as a result of 2025 will be confined by the substantial range of older or worn roofs that had been repaired or changed in 2020 owing to:
- the sizable amount of money of home improvement action that happened that yr because of to the COVID-19 pandemic
- a selection of critical weather occasions in the 2nd 50 % of 2020 (in particular in the South) that brought on popular roof problems
Those people residences that underwent roof repair or substitution in 2020 will frequently not demand additional operate in the in close proximity to phrase, which will restrain development alternatives heading forward.
Want to Learn A lot more?
Household Roofing, now obtainable from The Freedonia Group, analyzes US household roofing demand by item, application (new vs. reroofing), slope (steep-slope vs. lower-slope), and US geographic region. Desire is offered in the two space phrases (squares) and worth conditions (US bucks).
Roofing product or service desire is segmented by the next product sorts:
- asphalt shingles
- metallic roofing
- bituminous roofing
- roofing tile
- wooden shingles and shakes
- other smaller volume roofing goods (e.g., all-natural slate composite (polymer)/artificial shingles, shakes, and tiles photo voltaic roofing vegetative or inexperienced roofing)
Desire for roofing is also analyzed by housing style:
- single-spouse and children housing
- multifamily housing
- made housing
About the Freedonia Group – The Freedonia Group, a division of MarketResearch.com, is the leading global industrial study corporation, furnishing our shoppers with product or service analyses, marketplace forecasts, business traits, and sector share info. From 1-man or woman consulting corporations to world wide conglomerates, our analysts offer businesses with unbiased, dependable marketplace marketplace research and assessment to help them make crucial company selections. With around 100 studies revealed annually, we assistance around 90% of the industrial Fortune 500 companies. Uncover off-the-shelf studies at https://www.freedoniagroup.com/ or contact us for customized study: +1 440.842.2400.
Source The Freedonia Group