JACKSON COUNTY, MI — A back porch fireplace broke out at a residential property in Jackson on Sunday, Jan. 9.
Jackson Hearth Department arrived at 1036 Woodbridge Road at close to 3:30 p.m. to a family’s again porch on fire. A loved ones member was sitting down outside the house to take in when they started smelling smoke and understood the again of the house was on fireplace, mentioned Jackson Hearth Office Lieutenant Ryan Hendricks.
Hearth crews arrived on the scene to a neighbor encouraging set out the flames with a hearth extinguisher, stated Hendricks. The house was crammed with smoke and when the hearth was managed, firefighters vented it out, said Hendricks.
The window, siding and the exterior of the home were harmed, claimed Hendricks. The family was not displaced and no injuries ended up documented.
The result in of the hearth is even now beneath investigation.
Hearth crews cleared the scene all around 4:30 p.m. Jackson Fire Division was assisted at the scene by Summit Township Fireplace Office and Blackman-Leoni Township Division of Community Security.
Extra FROM JACKSON CITIZEN PATRIOT:
Law enforcement ID guy killed in Jackson County crash
Person arrested following vandalism spree in Jackson County, law enforcement say
Person arrested for threatening bartender with a knife in Jackson, police say